Friday, April 10, 2009

Dream Thoughts

Are there any fish that have hair?

I had a dream last night that I was having a really good night's sleep. I woke from the dream and thrashed for two hours. Dream within dream. Lots of not so good family stuff going on...

Afternoon at the track, five races, got them wrong and wrong again, except the first race. We met up with a friend who's raised race horses in Florida. He was following a series of races in Kentucky and cashed a ticket that cost him $16 and got $256. We saw him cash the ticket.

Hot dogs were still $1 and so was the beer. I love the great green castle of Santa Anita. The meet closes next weekend.

Didn't have time for a picture today.

6 comments:

RHSteeleOH said...

I don't think any fish has hair. But in dreams anything can happen, in a dream you could have double haired gorilla fish.

Linda Davick said...

Gosh. April IS sounding like the cruelest month. Thinking about you.

p.s. A catfish has fur.

Sally said...

Catfish, yes, and I like that idea of the double haired gorilla fish. Actually I think it's a double haired golden gorilla fish.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

I don't know about fur, butThis fish sports a dandy mustache.

On the serious side, I'm sorry to hear there's not so good stuff going on.

Marti McGinnis said...

Sally, a friend of mine sent me a link to one of your cartoons and I am considering it THE best Easter present ever. Not only are you a cartoonist but you love horses. We are living parallel lives. Check it out: wwww.happyart.comn (my paintings) and www.wegwag.com (my equine blog) as well as www.quantumsparks.com my inspirational work with horses! Crazy! You rock girl! So glad to meet you. My blog is here: http://ponyXpressions.blogspot.com
I can't wait to see how to add some animation to it - just started finally with Flash.

Sally said...

wow, marti- you do a lot of amazing things connecting horses and people for the latter's mental health!

Carrots to you!