Sunday, December 23, 2007

If You Get Up Early



If you get up early, you might see:

no, not Santa!
The Daily Workout at the Santa Anita Racetrack. I've always wanted to see one of these early morning workouts and then found this wonderful webcam. Something about racehorses running in the dark is very exciting. The track opens Dec. 26 and will we be there? Yes oh yes!

actually the webcam seems to run all day. The track has had major problems reconditioning after installing a new "cushion" synthetic track which is easier on horses' legs.

And today we're taking Pepper his Christmas carrots plus some pills hidden in molasses to ease his arthritic aches. Maybe I should take some.

3 comments:

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Have fun at the track!

Sally said...

If there's a horse named namowal, I'll bet on it!

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Speaking of betting on names, I found a video slot machine called "Super Sally's Shrimp Mania," so I had to try it...!
:)