Wednesday, July 11, 2007

fun on mars

I just put fun on mars up on youtube. It's not that it was such a signifigant film, but when I first started using the internet I chose it as my email address, then my whole site name. At one time I bought "makemepsychic.com" as a saved internet address thinking it was sheer brilliance and downright psychic of me. It's available again...

I took three courses at the San Francisco Art Institute in 1971. I had graduated from Smith early. One course was taught by Larry Jordan, who made lovely fantasy animation from old cut-outs, and he was a very fine teacher. In lithography the teacher was Victor Moscoso, and he was very involved with his own Zap comix celebrity and possibly a drug of choice. A poor teacher. Also took a class with Lenny Lipton, who actually wrote "Puff the Magic Dragon" and let students smoke dope in class. (I didn't-- I was appalled-- near innocent) A far far distance from Smith College in Northampton.

4 comments:

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Sweet. A few minutes of your animation are way more inspired and creative than anything I've seen on t.v. recently. I like the soundtrack too. I bet you're a fan of those cool Fleischer from early 30s ? The ones bursting with creativity and jazz music?

Linda Davick said...

When I look at this, I die laughing thinking about the prom decorations you did for your senior prom: grotesque giant American tourists on the walls.

Sally said...

Namowal, have you done some animation? I enjoy the cartoons on y our blog. Yes of course I love those Fleischer cartoons. They were my inspiration.

Linda, you remembered that! Funny. Wish I had some pictures of those prom decorations.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

I've dabbled in animation but I'm no pro. :) Thanks for visiting my blog (and saying nice things about it.) You made my day!